how to block country traffic using cloudflare
On a more serious note, we usually come across traffic on our Analytics or Adsense in which we don’t know the whereabouts and sometimes it leads entire account being penalized by AdSense. In this article, I’m going to show you the steps/methods to block those traffic by using Cloudflare.
What Is Cloudflare?
Cloudflare is a global network designed to make everything you connect to the Internet secure, private, fast, and reliable. Some of their services are,
- Secure your websites, APIs, and Internet applications.
- Protect corporate networks, employees, and devices.
- Write and deploy code that runs on the network edge.
Now we know the Function of Cloudflare, Let’s move on the street to block Unwanted Country traffic. To do that, one needs to signup for an account on Cloudflare and then replace his/her website DNS with Cloudflare. To do that, Kindly Watch this video.
After how the steps to block the unwanted Country Traffic.
how to block country traffic using Cloudflare?
- After setting up your Account on Cloudflare, Select your Website.
2. Scroll down to select Security a drop-down list will appear then you click on Firewall Rules.
3. Click on Create Rule
4. Now set a rule: Enter any name you want to tittle the rule
5. At the field section, Select Country.
6. At the operator section, Select is in.
7. In the Value Section, Select the specific name of the country you want to block.
8. See below to select an action. If you want to block the country completely, choose Block. But if you want traffic from that country to be verify before getting access to your site choose Legacy CAPTCHA.
9. Click on Deploy Firewall Rule.
Congratulation Your rules has been set. Therefore all traffic from that specific country you chose will be blocked, They won’t have access to your website.
See my results below:
MIGHT BE INTERESTED: HOW TO RANK NUMBER ONE ON YOUTUBE SEARCH 2022